Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Regan at 1 week old

      


Here is Karstin holding Regan this morning. I took the second one a little while ago after putting the headband on. She looked so cute!

Karstin is doing great at being a big brother! He checks on his 'baby sister' without me asking him to. If she starts to fuss he runs over to give her her binky. He still believes that diaper duty is my job and tells Chris not to change her diaper (because it is stinky)! I am not sure where he got that from. We try to remind him that Dad used to change his diapers, but it is not sticking!

So far the green eyed monster has not appeared. Karstin seems to have adjusted just fine to the new addition. We are making sure to give him plenty of attention still and I am sure that is helping. 

I am feeling great. I am still sore, but I feel that I have been blessed to not be in to much pain. I am trying not to over do it, but it is hard to hang around the house and not get things done.  

Well enjoy the pictures.  Talk to ya soon!


4 comments:

Quader's said...

She is so beautiful! Ah she is. I love the hairband.. And I am glad Karstin's has not turned to a green eyed monster that is very helpful. I love you little sis! You are the best!

wendilee said...

Karstin's such a good big brother. Glad you're feeling good. I know it's hard to just sit there and not do anything, but just remember that you have a great excuse to have other people do the dishes for you. Milk it for all it's worth!

Celeste - The Solar Cook said...

What a couple of super cuties you have! Giving Karstin "big brother jobs" and special time with mom and dad will most likely keep the jealousy away as much as possible. It is natural for kids to get jealous once in awhile. You are doing an awesome job by being in tune with the fact that it can happen and looking for the signs. You are a great mom!

I'm glad you are recovering well. I have a tendency to get up before I should and I always regret it. The house, dishes, and laundry can wait a bit. ;-) Just sit and love those little ones while they still fit on your lap (someday they actually won't anymore!).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.